At BOFG, we are thrilled for this space that helps Black filmmakers create with each other and share their stories within their communities and beyond.
Our mission is to provide resources for Black filmmakers in Ohio to connect and make high-quality films that will increase the visibility of Black creatives. To ensure that the members of BOFG have access to the necessary tools and resources to amplify their voices, we need some help from you as we are looking to add a grant writer to our team to gain funding to support our upcoming initiatives!
This grant writer will have an exciting opportunity to conduct research, draft, and submit proposals that help BOFG receive grant funding that will go towards the following:
- To secure those in the filmmaking industry to lead online workshops and courses focusing on filmmaking, acting, producing, digital editing, screenwriting, and more.
- Finding professionals, teachers, and thought experts to lead mentorship programs
- To create networking events and activities that allow members to connect with different professionals in the Ohio area and beyond.
The BOFG grant writer role will be voluntary to start, with the opportunity to turn into a paid position. We are looking for someone who can fulfill these responsibilities and has the following qualifications, education, and skills:
- Seek out relevant grant proposals that meet the needs of the organization
- Prepare proposals by determining concepts, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and submission
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Technical documentation
- Layout skills
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
- Minimum of 1-year experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising, or a minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
If you or anyone you know might be interested, send your resume or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will reach out shortly. We are excited to expand the BOFG team and can’t wait to welcome you to the fam!